Knee Pain Treatment in Sugar Land
Knee pain can hurt your life in all kinds of ways. Whether your knee feels like a rusty hinge every time you move it or you can’t put any weight on the joint at all, you know you need help — but at the same time, you dread the idea of undergoing major knee surgery. That’s where Hogan Chiropractic can help. Either chiropractor on our Sugar Land TX team can discover the root cause of your symptoms and administer non-invasive knee pain treatment solutions that improve both comfort and functionality.
Common Causes of Knee Pain
Many cases of knee pain are the inevitable result of getting older. A lifetime of weight-bearing (or a shorter period of intense overuse) can wear down the cartilage that normally reduces friction between bone ends in the joint. This deterioration is responsible for the pain and stiffness of osteoarthritis. Ligament damage is another common culprit seen by our Sugar Land chiropractors. The knee has multiple ligaments, each of which is tasked with different functions.
- If you rupture your anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), you may find forward shin motion agonizing
- If you rupture your posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), backward shin motion may be impossible.
- You may experience inner knee instability if you damage your medial collateral ligament.
- A damaged lateral collateral ligament may produce instability in the outer knee.
Ligament tears and sprains can occur when the knee receives a sharp impact while your leg is planted. But your ligament problems may also develop gradually due to a combination of repetitive motion, excess weight, an unbalanced posture and/or weak muscle support.
Athletes often suffer from an instability of the cartilage that holds the kneecap in place. This condition, patellofemoral syndrome, is better known as runner’s knee. It’s also possible to suffer from chronic knee bursitis or irritation of a tissue called the iliotibial band.
Recognizing the Symptoms
Different kinds of knee problems may produce different kinds of knee pain. If, for instance, your knee pain is an annoying ache that grows worse with age, with the worst stiffness following a period of inactivity, your Sugar Land chiropractor may suspect arthritis (which can be confirmed with diagnostic imaging). Sharp pain and lameness in only one knee may indicate bursitis or a ruptured ligament.
Non-Surgical Knee Pain Treatment
Thankfully, only the most severe knee damage calls for surgery. Unless you actually have to have cartilage removed or a ligament stitched back into place, your chiropractor in Sugar Land can most likely give you the knee pain relief you need through conservative care. An extensive evaluation can help us determine, not only the direct cause of your pain but also the circumstances that brought it about. This allows us to treat both your symptoms and their causes. Your personalized knee pain treatment plan may include:
- Chiropractic care– Chiropractic adjustments to the knee can help the join components move more freely, while adjustments to the spinal column can help correct larger physical imbalances.
- Physical therapy – Heat, ice, exercises and other forms of physical therapy can rehabilitate an injured knee or increase range of motion in a knee suffering from a chronic condition.
- Laser therapy– MLS Laser therapy can stimulate the healing of knee tissues while also relieving your pain without drugs.
- Knee Decompression– Similar to Spinal Decompression, knee decompression alleviates the pressure that causes your knee pain and allows the body’s fluids to reenter.
Ready to Eliminate Pain?
KNEE DECOMPRESSION TREATMENT
Knee pain is one of the most common reasons why individuals and families in the local area come to see us. One of the treatment options we may recommend is called knee decompression. Our knee decompression machine can provide effective pain relief for countless injuries and conditions.
What is Knee Decompression Treatment?
Using our chiropractic techniques and knee decompression machine, we can target one of the most vulnerable joints in the body. One of the common reasons why people might knee pain has to do with compression of the joint. In between the bones of the knee is a cartilaginous cushion. This cartilage is supposed to act as a cushion, preventing inflammation and friction between the joints. When the joint is compressed, inflammation and irritation of the knee bones take place. This can lead to serious pain and discomfort. The goal of knee decompression treatment is to stop this from happening.
What Conditions Can Be Treated with Knee Decompression?
There are several conditions that can be treated with knee decompression. Some of the most common conditions that we can treat with knee decompression include:
- Knee Joint Degeneration – There are lots of people who suffer from gradual knee joint degeneration, This can take place with gradual wear and tear. Knee decompression can help reduce the rate of this degeneration.
- Arthritis– Arthritis is one of the most common chronic medical conditions. Arthritis develops due to inflammation of the joint through the body, including the knee. Our knee decompression machine can help reduce the inflammation in the joints of the knee.
- Meniscus Tears – The meniscus is a piece of cartilage that is shaped like a C. It is present in both knees. A tear of the meniscus can lead to compression of the knee joint. Knee decompression can be an effective treatment option.
- Sprains and strains – Ligament sprains and muscle strains are among the most common knee injuries. Knee decompression can relieve a lot of the stress placed on these damaged body parts, leading to pain relief.
What are the Results of Knee Decompression Therapy?
The results of knee decompression therapy are going to vary depending on the type of injury and the severity of the condition; however, the results of knee decompression therapy are positive. In most cases, knee decompression therapy will not only alleviate pain and discomfort but can also improve someone’s mobility. In some cases, multiple knee decompression sessions are necessary to achieve maximal benefit. For this reason, it is important for everyone to work one on one with a trained knee decompression provider.
Why Choose Hogan Chiropractic for Knee Pain Treatment in Sugar Land?
Anyone who is looking for knee pain treatment in Sugar Land should rely on the team from Hogan Chiropractic. We have been serving the individuals and families of the Sugar Land and Southwest Houston areas for more than 18 years. This gives an unparalleled amount of experience when it comes to the treatment of numerous injuries, including knee issues. We provide free patient consultations and same-day appointments. We also accept most insurance plans. We know that every patient is unique and every injury is different. That is why we will tailor our treatment plans to meet your needs. Call us today at (281) 240-2225 to schedule an appointment!