Knee Decompression Therapy in Sugar Land
One of the most common reasons why people visit medical providers is knee pain. A knee injury can be serious and could include a bone fracture, a muscle strain, or even a ligament sprain. When someone has a knee injury, they might find it hard to walk, run, participate in sports, or take the stairs. While there are multiple treatment options available, one is called knee decompression therapy. Knee decompression treatment can be used to help people recover with minimal side effects and few complications.
What Conditions Can Be Treated with Knee Compression Therapy?
There are several conditions that can be treated using knee decompression. Some of the most common conditions covered by knee decompression treatment include:
- General Knee Pain: Many people have knee pain that stems from general wear and tear instead of an acute knee injury. This discomfort might stem from bones, muscles, and ligaments that are simply too close to one another. This is where knee decompression can help.
- Arthritis: This is a chronic medical condition that results from inflammation that spreads to the joints, destroying cartilage in the process. This can lead to inflammation and knee pain that can be treated using knee decompression therapy.
- Sprains and Strains: Garden variety muscle strains and ligament sprains can take place while playing sports, following an auto accident, or even due to a slip and fall injury. Knee decompression treatment can address these types of injuries.
- Knee Degeneration: Different from an acute knee injury, knee degeneration takes place over time as bony surfaces degrade and cartilage starts to disappear. With the help of a medical professional, knee decompression can be used to help people who suffer from this condition as well.
These are a few of the most common reasons why people suffer from knee pain.
How Does Knee Decompression Work?
Knee decompression treatment leverages a novel knee decompression machine. This is a non-invasive knee pain therapy that can help those who suffer from both acute and chronic knee pain. Mechanical traction is applied to the knee to help reduce pain.
The goal of this decompression machine is to increase the amount of space between muscles, ligaments, and tendons. This allows the bones and joints to heal by reducing inflammation in this area. As a result, people who suffer from knee pain following a knee injury can find pain relief.
What Are the Benefits of Knee Decompression Treatments?
There are a few benefits that come from knee decompression treatments. These include:
- Reducing inflammation throughout the knee, providing pain relief while reducing swelling
- Allowing the knee to rehydrate, which is an important part of the recovery process for cells and tissues in this area
- Increasing the flexibility and range of motion in the knee, allowing people to walk and run more easily following knee decompression treatment
- Expediting the healing process, helping people recover from acute injuries more quickly
These are a few of the most important benefits of knee decompression therapy. At Hogan Chiropractic, we have worked hard to provide people with access to the latest treatment tools. That is why we have invested in the Knee On Trac device from Ergo Flex Technologies. This specific product seamlessly integrates with our other treatment methods, allowing us to provide a new treatment option to those who come to see us. We use the Knee On Trac machine to provide automated solutions to knee pain that provide another layer to the compassionate, personalized treatment that we provide at Hogan Chiropractic.
Contact Hogan Chiropractic Today to Make an Appointment
At Hogan Chiropractic, we are here to serve the individuals and families of Sugarland and Southwest Houston. We have been open for close to 20 years and provide same-day appointments to our patients. We accept most insurances and we come up with unique treatment plans that meet the needs of our patients. Contact us today at (281) 240-2225 to make an appointment!